Are You Making Any Of These Creativity Killing Mistakes In Your Music?
Do you ever feel uncreative?
Do you ever wonder if you’re creative at all?
Do you ever get frustrated because you seem to always play the same stuff?
I’ll tell you, man. You are not alone. Not by long shot. I used to wonder the same questions. In fact I seriously contemplated quitting music (On multiple occasions mind you) because I figured what good is an uncreative jazz musician.
You probably know my story by now. But in a nut shell. I used to be a non-stop practice machine. I mean all day every day. But then I would go to a session or I’d have to play in front my ensemble and I would choke. Nothing would come out. At best I’d sound like I was playing patterns out of method book.
After a number of butt-kicking experiences – like getting booted out my ensemble in front of the class, getting ripped a new one by a freaking juggler on a cruise ship gig, and many a lame solo at jam sessions – I finally had enough and decided to figure out why.
How a Frustrated Jazz Musician Finally Had Enough Of Playing The Same Old Boring Crap.
I started reading everything I could about everything from practice habits, to sports training, to self-esteem, to success skills and of course creativity.
It didn’t take me long to realize that the best cats in school did things differently. The most creative cats in school did things very differently.
This led me to study with Hal Crook for over 15 years. And to also study the lives and work of many of the most creative cats to ever live. Including cats like Igor Stravinsky, Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci and even Thomas Edison.
Over the years I’ve plucked out the best ideas I could find. And put them into systems and methods and paradigms. That’s a fancy way of saying I don’t like reinventing the wheel everyday in the practice room. So I create little systems I can streamline and use day after day to make progress in the shed.
I’m also a teacher. I love to teach. And I’m damn good at it…if I do say so myself;-)
But, these systems and methods and paradigms are VERY helpful for my students. So they don’t have to reinvent the wheel and figure all this stuff out on their own.
That way you can short-cut the learning curve. And get busy getting better.
Which of These Creativity Killing Mistakes Are You Making?
Well, over the years I also became obsessed with musical creativity. I discovered that, unfortunately, the way most of us try to learn jazz actually hurts, suffocates and stifles our creativity.
I went over this quite a bit in the last video I sent you. But here’s a quick list of things that kill your creativity. These things are the norm in music school and in most private lessons.
1. A theoretical, mechanical, play by numbers approach to improvisation.
This is thinking music rather than ear music. I don’t care how smart a person, the thinking mind is not anywhere near fastest enough to play jazz. Besides, that’s just not how music works. Your ear is your source for musical creativity.
2. Failure to feed the fires. Nothing in. Nothing out.
We need vocabulary to play jazz with. The more vocabulary we have the more possibilities we have to create. The more deep the internalization of this vocabulary, the more profound our creative possibilities. Wiggling our fingers over the right chord scale at the right time will never produce creative music.
3. Waiting for luck, the amateur’s approach.
The amateur struggles with writer’s block. Waiting for something good to fall into their lap.
The pro (I mean a cat with a pro attitude, not necessarily a working musician) creates because they must.
They use systems, methods, techniques and tools to get the ball rolling. Overtime these things become habitual and natural. These are things like ‘combinatory practice’, ‘forced modification’, ‘thematic development devices’, etc.
After awhile the pro isn’t even aware he’s using these things. It’s just natural. And after YOU start using these for a time they will become natural and normal for you too.
4. Creative Atrophy.
Use it or lose it, Bub. The creative cat creates regularly. By writing, by playing, by exploring, by attending sessions, by journaling, by experimenting and so on.
Who Else Wants to Unlock Their Musical Creativity?
So, what I’ve done is take all the best lessons, methods, systems and techniques that I’ve discovered, figured out and collected over the years and put together a new online course.
- There is no other course or book around that breaks down musical creativity into its core components
- There’s no other resource that I’ve found that breaks the process down into simple systems and methods.
Systems and methods that anyone can use feed, nourish and unlock your creativity. And to put together the complex puzzle that is creativity.
You can apply the techniques in the course and start generating more ideas in just one or two practice sessions.
Within 30 days – WHEN YOU PUT THE CONCEPTS TO WORK – You can radically transform your playing and be on the path to becoming a very creative musician.
Three months down the line you’re a completely different cat.
Your Creativity is Alive and Well.
It’s Just Waiting to Be Set Free.
Now I say this with much humility.
But there are 3 reasons why I think you should listen to me today and why I’m so sure you can benefit from this material.
1. Like I said I’ve spent years and years digging into creativity and musical success.
I’ve studied and learned from many of the best teachers alive in private lessons, ensembles, workshops and master classes. Including cats like Hal Crook, Kenney Werner, Bob Moses, George Garzone, Dave Liebman, Pat Martino, Rashied Ali and many more.
2. For whatever reason one of my biggest talents in life is taking big concepts and breaking them down into their component parts and creating systems to achieve related musical goals.
I don’t at all mean to brag. It’s just something I’m good at for some reason. Like I said you can just apply these systems, methods and paradigms and start getting results without having to reinvent the wheel.
3. Probably most importantly – I’m not a prodigy.
I struggled for many years. So I’m hyper aware of the process of learning jazz.
I’ve made every mistake there is. I’ve done everything wrong and had to figure out why I wasn’t getting results.
That means I understand many of the same sticking points that you might be struggling with.
And I can help you get unstuck and get going in the right musical direction.
Now, let’s talk about the actual course.
Allow Me To Introduce:
“I’ve been a fan of Hal Crook’s books and method. Chris’ videos are the next step to reinforce how to practice improvisation that compliment these books. ….a great addition to a jazzer’s library of learning …but more practical than most books that try to help you to play jazz.”
John Kozinski – Becket, MA
Module 1: "You Are Creative"
In module 1 you will discover the natural state of the universe which will help you understand and perceive your own natural state of creativity.
- I’ll show you the two creative modes of sound and theory that will allow you to maximize your creative output.
- With this information you’ll be able to tap into the creative potential of your whole brain which is significantly more powerful than the limited way most cats approach music.
- I’ll walk you through a big picture overview of ‘Unlocking Your Creativity’ that will set the stage for your creative transformation.
You’ll also get the ‘Big Picture’ creativity process map that will make it easy for you to absorb these concepts and get much faster results.
“The Monster Jazz Formula for me has been a delightful approach in learning the basics of creation, awareness and deep inner feelings, thank you very much”
Armando Salazar – Quito, Ecuador, South America
Module 2 - "Musical Ethics"
In module 2 you'll learn the four core elements of musical ethics, why they are so important for a jazz musician and how to begin uncovering your own musical personality.
- You’ll discover where your sound comes from and what you can do to find it and develop it.
- Learn the inch wide/mile deep concept that you can use to begin creating an original musical voice.
- I’ll share with you a truly profound lesson I learned from the great pianist Ran Blake that will not only make you a better, more exciting musician, it will make music much more fulfilling and enjoyable.
You will also get my personal ‘musical ethics’ mind map that will help you lay your foundation for musical originality.
“Your knowledge is great, but on top of that, it is the way you present that makes it unique. You do not make any tricks or give away half-hearted information and I have learned a lot from your materials. It is great that you cover up the mental topics as well, not just technical stuff. We are lucky to be able to wade through your methods!”
Bruno T., Slovakia
Module 3 - "Awaken Your Muse"
In module 3 you will discover 10 ways to awaken your muse so you can get the creative ideas flowing and tap into the creative potential of your own mind.
- I’ll show you the 4 mandatory conditions for a highly creative practice environment so you can easily get into the creative mindset and kick-start the creative process.
- You’ll discover my personal 7 step method for getting into the zone and tapping into your creativity.
- And to get you going as fast as possible you'll get my own ‘muse preparation’ quick start sheet.
You will also learn powerful methods for nourishing your creativity, collecting source ideas and how to use what I call the ‘ Stravinsky Method of creative release’.
“I’ve gone through a few of Chris’ courses. The concepts in here are essential to mastering your instrument. I struggle with knowing what to practice from the wealth of information that there is. Using the Monster Jazz Formula, I’ve made more progress in the last couple months than at any other time. I’ve also gained confidence in playing which feels great…Thanks Chris!”
Troy H. – B.C. Canada
Module 4 - "Feeding Your Creative Fires"
In Module 4 I’ll show you how to feed your creative wellspring so you can have an endless source of creative inspiration, creative ideas and creative discovery.
- You’ll learn about short term and long term musical memory, what it means for your music and how to leverage it for huge creative musical output.
- Learn how to create history playlists, personal soundscapes and connected listening plans that will have you overflowing with musical ideas.
- Learn the exact step by step process I use to feed my aural imagination and create long term musical memories.
And you will also discover the four types of listening you can use to purposefully expand your musical imagination and add any specific musical elements to your playing that you choose.
“I have been playing for over 45 years, and have studied with some of the world’s best teachers. But as a teacher I see students become overwhelmed with the amount of available information and what to do with it in the limited hours of a day. Your systems allow for individualized pinpoint focus…This is something that I have never found taught in the field of music before, and I swear by your material…keep it up!”
Chuck Decker – South Jersey
Module 5 - "The Creative Methods"
In module 5 you’ll discover 7 robust creativity methods you can use to get the creative ball rolling so you can generate more ideas and possibilities than you can use. Hint: Some of those ideas are bound to be true gems.
- I’ll show you 11 types of forced modification you can easily use to develop your vocabulary, language and endless variations.
- I’ll share with you 2 of the most powerful creative idea and problem solving tools I know – Mindstorming and Mindmapping.
- Discover 11 questions you can use to find and create truly original and unique variations, arrangements, solos and new ideas.
And of course I’ll show you how you can combine any of the ideas in this module to quickly come up with even more ideas and creative output. Down the Rabbit Hole We Go...
In my opinion there is almost nothing in the world more exciting than the creative process. As these techniques and methods become natural and automatic you will become a creative monster.
“You have a direct and genuine approach to the development and sharing of knowledge which makes the medicine go down with great ease. It is satisfying to have a kind of jazz-practice guardian-angel!”
Liam Fionescu – London, England
Module 6 - "Your Creative Muscle"
In module 6 you will learn how to keep your creative muscles strong so you can continue to create original licks, lines, tunes, arrangements, etc.
- Discover 8 ways you can use simple writing exercises to sharpen your creative skills and to keep your creative muscles in peak shape.
- You’ll learn the exact process to create new vocabulary beginning with 1. choice, 2. the writing process and finally 3. vocabulary assimilation.
- Discover a simple technique to create variations of licks, lines, melodies, etc that you can use to create and develop original new vocabulary and language for yourself.
Don’t take this the wrong way but even though these modules are fast paced, in the short time it takes you to absorb these concepts your creative transformation will already be underway and will be, in many ways, unstoppable.
“After millions of methods about WHAT to study, finally a method that lets you understand HOW to study to reach your real musical goals! Thank you Chris!”
Maurizio Iosa – Rome, Italy
My goal in creating this course has always been to provide you and other jazz musicians like you and I, with the tools, techniques and methods to kick start and unlock your creative juices…to unlock your musical creativity in the fastest way possible.
So you can experience the awesomeness of the creative process. So you can come up with ideas on demand when it counts. So you can build and develop a vocabulary as a jazz musician that is truly individual, unique and flexible. And above all else, so you can communicate creatively with your band mates and your audience members.
- So sometime in the not so distant future some cat says to you after your solo – damn, dude. Where do you come up with that stuff? You’re crushing it!
“This is some powerful stuff. I got The Monster Jazz Formula over a year ago. The process of setting results based goals is one of the highlights of The Monster Jazz Formula. It really transforms your playing. You get faster results and your practicing becomes more enjoyable.”
“Great stuff, teaches you how to teach yourself, teaches you how to be better, a better musician, a better person. One step at a time, and you will achieve your goals in no time.”
Vuk Bradic -Belgrade, Serbia
Now, I’ve got some surprise bonuses for you. The reason why I’ve decided to include these is because I want to give you the most possible value for you money. But more importantly, I want to help you unlock your creativity as quickly as possible.
When you get Unlocking Your Creativity Today you'll also get:
Bonus 1: The Muse Checklist - This one page checklist will serve as a handy cheat sheet. At a quick glance you'll know what you have to do to make sure that ever elusive creative muse of yours shows up and does her part. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 2: The Creative Listening 'One sheet' - All the basics of creative listening distilled down onto one page that can, again, serve as a cheat sheet for your listening work. This will help you keep sight of the many listening options, the techniques and the basic types of listening. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 3: The Copping Jazz Vocabulary Process Map - This map walks you through the exact process I use to add vocabulary and desired musical elements to my own playing. This is a 'plug and play' learning paradigm that you can use immediately to start developing your vocabulary. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 4: The ‘Put it Through the Wringer’ Process Map - once you have 'copped' a new piece of vocabulary, the next step is to 'put it through the wringer' to use Hal Galper's phrase. This is where you take the new vocab and make it your own and make it something you can create with rather than just another lick. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 5: The Creativity S.C.A.M.P.E.R.R. Process Map - S.C.A.M.P.E.R.R. is a powerful 8 part creative idea generating method. If you were to habitualize the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.R. method alone you would BE a much more creative cat. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 6: The Course Mind Maps - You get the actual mind maps used through out the entire main course. This will help you to really understand how the material is organized, related and how it fits together. They will also serve as quick at-a-glance cheat sheets you can return to time and time again. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 7: Audio Tracks of Every Single Lesson - I've included the audio tracks from all 5 modules so you can put them on your smart phone, mp3 player, etc. This way you can listen to the material in your car, on the bus or anywhere you'd like. (Free With Your Purchase)
Bonus 8: The 9 Irrefutable Laws of Musical Success - Okay, this is really a whole course in and of itself. There are nine videos and over an hour of content here. You'll cover 9 laws that you mustn't break if you plan on being successful with your playing. (Free With Your Purchase)
You cover 'The Pareto Principle', 'The Primacy of the Ear', 'Micro/Macro' and 'Learning at Edge' plus five more. These are 9 of the most important lessons I've learned that can have a seriously profound effect on your playing. Talk about short-cutting the learning process!
Whew! That’s a lot of stuff I know.
***There are two reasons I wanted to include these 9 fast-start bonuses.***
1. I want to help you get the fastest results possible. I know from experience that getting the ball rolling quickly will have the best results. Simply because it’s harder to stick with new concepts and create new habits when the process is slow or laborious. That’s why I made it as easy as possible to get going.
2. And I also wanted to pack in as much value as possible. I wanted to give you the best deal possible.
Long story short:
- You could spend over $234,936 going to Berklee College of Music (Yeah, that’s what it costs these days!) But you still probably wouldn’t know how to become a more creative cat.
- In fact you might even be worse off. Thanks to this current epidemic of ‘thinking music’ taught in most music schools. (Just ask Hal Crook what he thinks of this)
- Of course, you could spend 20+ years of trial and error, frustrating-as-hell, learn-from-your mistakes practice and study like I did.
- Hell, there’s tons of great info available on the web. So that’s one option for sure. But before you decide – how much time would you spend researching the information and lessons you need, then validating them, interpreting them and finally shedding them in the practice rooms to then finally see if they work or not.
I have a much better opportunity for you.
Let’s take a quick look at everything you'll be getting with Unlocking Your Musical Creativity.
- Unlocking Your Musical Creativity - Online, Multi-Media Creativity Course.
- 25 Videos, Over 2 and a Half Hours of Content. ($97 Value)
- Free Bonus 1: The Muse Checklist ($12 Value)
- Free Bonus 2: The Creative Listening One Sheet ($12 Value)
- Free Bonus 3: The Copping Jazz Vocabulary Process Map ($12 Value)
- Free Bonus 4: The ‘Put it Through the Wringer’ Process Map ($12 Value)
- Free Bonus 5: The Creativity S.C.A.M.P.E.R.R. Process Map ($12 Value)
- Free Bonus 6: The Course Mind Maps ($25 Value)
- Free Bonus 7: Audio Tracks of Every Single Lesson ($57 Value)
- Free Bonus 8: The 9 Irrefutable Laws of Musical Success ($97 Value)
Simple math tells us that it’s worth $336.00
But I’m interested in giving much more value for money.
It’s not gonna cost you $336.00
I'm ready to prove everything I say. Get Instant Access to Unlocking Your Musical Creativity Right Now, and use it for yourself for the next 30 DAYS. If the course does not live up to your expectation, I don't want your money, and I'll give back every penny back to you. No hassles and we can part as friends. 100% No B.S. Money-Back Guaranteed.
The Entire Online Multi-Media Creativity Course
All 9 Bonuses including the fast start check lists & process maps. (Yours Completely Free With Your Purchase Today)
That's a $336.00 Value
Yours Today For Just $97
Go ahead and click below, fill out the info on the next page and get starting unlocking your musical creativity today.
I Wish You The Very Best With Your Music
P.S. Act now and you can get Unlocking Your Musical Creativity, All 9 Bonuses and you can try it all out for a full 30 days with no risk.
P.S. Are you ready to Unlock Your Musical Creativity and Take Your Music to the Next Level? If so, I hope to see you on the inside!